CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 11, 2007

What's wrong with the world, maama?

I need to apologize for my failure to notice and make use of the edit function: Sometimes, i get so full of myself and forget that I can make mistakes too. Sorry, Perdon. Le siento, Saidia mimi, nsonyuwa and everything that falls in between.

I have a personal problem that I need to get down in writing. Maybe you'll help me make sense of it. To begin with, I don't understand why men and women feel the need to play games with each other. Yeah, yeah, I know it's the game player who gets the guy or the girl but maybe that just means they deserve each other. Why can't straight forward, with a dash of common sense, work equally well?

Let's have an example. It's often said that girls prefer 'bad boys' to nice ones. Wanna know why? It's simply because bad boys hacve the basic common sense to know that a girl given too much attention is one that grows a big head. So they hold off on the compliments, go easy on the put downs and just keep coming back. This is enough to show the affected young lady that inspite of her flaws, the brother's still digging her.

I'm talking about calling her 8 times a day. Aint y'all ever heard of the saying, 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'? Do you think the dood or doodess who wrote that was stupid? There's such a thing as anticipation. It shouldn't be underestimated. And yet, if you want to talk to someone, you should just go ahead and call 'em. Since this seems to be a contradiction, let's just say that if you've done it more than thrice in a day, you need to bite something, tie your hands together and wait for the next day,or week if you're still laying strategies.

Another thing that gets me is 'writing between the lines', as opposed to reading between them. I mean going round in circles and never saying anything conclusive. Let's have a scenario: two young people are flirting healthily and then when everyone's gone, brother pins sister to a wall and as she tries to make sense of it, he asks, "Can't you read between the lines?". Between what bloody lines, man! There's being subtle then there's being plain presumptuos! I mean, where do some brothers get off thinking that just coz she sat with you and smiled at you, she wants you?

Aren't they in the least bit scared that they may have read the signs wrong, that they may make laughing storks of themselves? Am just trying to say, Before you attempt to jump someone's bones, be sure that you are sure, that you are sure, that she wants you to 'jump them', for lack of a better word

This aint a hate campaign , it's just that am sick of brothers who can't be bothered to get to know people for themselves and not for what they can give them.

Am by nature a person that runs from extreme emotion from the opposite sex. As such, my skills of detection of potential 'likers' are finely horned. When I say that I can tell when someone's about to really like me, am not kidding, I just can. Standard procedure is to lay low till it goes away (the extreme like, i mean). I used to run at the first hint of like till a close friend told me not to be 'paranoid', so now i stick around and play stupid till they break it down for me in black and white.

Brother's have a tendency of dropping hints which can't be traced back to them. Am guessing it's a defence mechanism, prevents them from getting hurt if the feelings aren't reciprocated. So we girls have had to come up with good, less non-traceable come-backs, so we can keep up the banter. In a way, we play stupid untill they are forced to out themselves and risk being let down. At th end of it all, if it was mutual, you gon' see it in the look, the gestures, the words, the intonation, it's everywhere, you can't miss it. And when that's happened, there's confidence to say it loud and say it proud. The magic words range from, "am feeling your shit(lol)" to"am diggin on you" to "i really like you" to "am crazy about you" till the words get shorter, more meaningful and more precious. Wonder if y'all know what am refering to( The most magic of them all). That's the natural way of it.

So when a brother skips all these steps in a misguided, sorry attempt to get himself some or whatever, I feel nothing but fury and rage. Fury that he thinks am not worth the fuss and rage that he would dare.

Sometimes I wish we were all asexual because of the shit I see, expirience, hear about. It's just not right. I would like that we all first like each other as people and then we go on from there to wherever. I don't know................Am I the only one that feels like this?

1 comments:

els said...

as if all we want in life is a tick! games like that are so lame