CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 18, 2007

SOUL SEARCHING

Just how crazy does the idea of giving without expecting a thing sound?Sheer madness if you ask me but I've got an idea. Hear me out for a second.

In religion, that's the way to go: give, especially when you know you ain't getting nothing in return. Yeah right! How we supposed to get ahead when we just keep giving? Then there's that saying,"Give till it hurts".Man, if you follow shit like that, at the end of the day you can be in some real pain. There's even a recommendation that you give away the things that you value the most. In this way, you maintain spiritual freedom. Your soul don't get tied down to material things, you don't end up 'worshipping' your Manolo Blahniks or your Prada or whatever designer item you posess. How wiered is that? That's side A. Let's check out side B.

Raise your hand if you believe in karma. I see a number of hands (in my head). Yep, that old saying about what goes around coming round. Everyone knows about it, even Alycia Keys and Justine Timberlake( and they are reliable sources).

The idea is that when you give, the gods put a star on your name. They arrange for you to jump the blessing queue and even have someone doctor the blessing ration you was s'pposed to get. My theory is that that only works when you don't demand anything in return.

Another idea goes back to the bible. It has to do with storing riches in heaven. Imagine the idea of giving your car to charity and finding it in heaven. That's the shit. . . but I don't buy it. Lets go onto a smaller scale. You give someone a little of your precious time and in heaven, the angel will spare some time to look for your name on the back covers of the book of life. Does that make sense? Or you give someone food and for every time you feed them, God adds another floor to your mansion in the skies. It's an idea, think about it.

oh, and the reverse is true; those times, you withhold, a skull and cross bones are drawn on your page. The wise man should thus ration if he don't want to go all the way up or down. Ensure that atleast you have a nice two bedroomed apartment with air conditioning and a regular supply of healthy foods. Oh, and please note that your dwellings will be in purgatory because God's gon' spit you out if you are luke warm . Am not sure if the devil has standards. I mean would he throw you out for being too good for his liking?

I have absolutely no idea where am going when I die and yet I firmly believe that I'll either cease to exist or be chilling with my main man(God, ofcourse). Donno how am sure, I just am

0 comments: