CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 27, 2007

SOLITUDE

I don't think that's the right word. Solitude has a ring of contentment about it and that's far from what am feeling right now. What is it about a person being alone in a room full of people. when i think about it, i feel like its such a waste of good time and what could have been good memories. enough of that shit. i want to hate a little. i've had it up to here (just above my head) with brothers who fake scenarios for their own benefit. u probably don't get it so let me give u two scenarios:

He spends alot of time sneaking glances at you, then he finally works up the nerve to say,"hi".

You reply,'hi'

He looks at u consideringly.As if he's weighing likely losses. Mind made up, he asks,"Would u do something for me?"

'sure', u reply, trying to be of help.

He maintains eye contact as he asks, "Even if it seemed impossible?"

Concerned, u cover you tracks by saying,'no, if i can, i will,' then idiot increases on the eye contact, the gaze intensity, leans back,crosses his arms, gives u a once over and sighs,"i donno where to start"

Alert to the change in tone and mood, afraid to get the wrong idea, u briskly say,
'try at the begining,'

Bugger then looks at u from under his lashes and proceeds to say, "okay...could u get me your friend's number?".

It's not the first time it's happened. Another time, 2 years ago, I was at a party, feeling like the life of it, I mean, everyone was feeling my shit and all, then i got a phone call. It went something like this:

me:hi
him:hi, is this Elle B?
me: sure, who's this?
him: you wouldn't remember. How are you?
me: am great, u?
him: good, it's been long
me: i wouldn't know, u haven't told me who this is
him: i'll tell u, u sound like a kid on phone
me: Do not, who's this?
him: Okay, it's xxxx(cute boy)
me: Oh, hi!(with a greatly changed approach- bigger smile)How are u ?
him: good
me: it's nice to hear from u. how'd you get my number(Incredulous that he'd look me up a yr later)?
him: I hunted all over for it
me: did u (warm glow)?
him: Yeah, Need help.
me: sure
him: could u get me xxxx's number?
me: sure(plastic smile blocking lots of swear words).

I'll proceed to tell u why i have beef with this. If u gon discuss business, get to it, don't use bloody underhand tactics to get the deal. It leaves a wiered impression and in my case, leaves me feeling used, wronged and not as cool as i felt before.

5 comments:

els said...

so...who asked for my number?
;)

Elle B said...

UUhhm, Els luv, not to burst your bubble but uumm, he wasn't talkin bout u babe.

Iwaya said...

maybe, just maybe, i'm not saying that this is how it was going down...eh! i already sound like a guy...he was fishing? you know, see how you react to him asking for your friend's number to gauge how you would react when he finally asked for yours...or something like that!

Akiiki said...

first; I FOUND YOU! gee love, i have searched and searched. not nice, you.

second; hmmm...trying not to laugh about this eejit asking for whoever's number...but it happens to the best of us. what you do sweets is give him the wrong number and then go 'oops' when he catches on. and dont believe Iwaya ...they be fake like that. he really wanted that other number.

third; that goon back there...reading between lines...he needs to be told off. can i? please?

Elle B said...

The thing is i know he didn't want my number and i don't want his anyway. Iwaya beez a liar. You brothers don't work like that. Now, Jasmine, u might be onto something;We shall talk.