CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

EXTENDED VACANCES

I like to sit and review my world, I bring everything into focus and see how many things are going right and how many aren't. I like the days when everything seems to have a tick. It pains me to have to put x's on some things. Today, I came up with a couple of x's so the day is tinged with a slight grey which disappears when i forget. Am considering living in limbo, on that note.

In Mbale, out of every three people, one is Somali. They are a darn pretty lot, all curly hair and bronzed skin.. and good strong teeth, if am seeing well. But they chew wiered things and spit in public. eeeeew.

No one wants to build homes anymore, some one must have told the towns folk that the money is in accomodation so everyone has turned their house into a hotel or an inn or a guest house, if not the main house, atleast the garage, it's crazy. But not a bad idea since there are many bazungu around. I wonder what they are looking for, I can't see any tourist sight except the mountain.

11 comments:

Iwaya said...

it's the year of the CHOGM, did you not know? that's why every kafunda is now a hotel/hostel/motel/by-the hour place to duck!

The 27th Comrade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The 27th Comrade said...

The way peeps talk about Mbale, I am certainly supposed to spend a week of sin and debauchery there. ;o)

eddiie said...

In Mbale, out of every three people, one is Somali. They are a darn pretty lot, all curly hair and bronzed skin.. ...

can i say an Indian in Mbale is smiling the sweat way?...i will shoot his head if he keeps blinkin your direction.....LOL

Quillonpaper said...

wouldn't the persistent culture of male circumcision be quite a tourist attraction, you think?

Samantha said...

I am beginning to reconsider my views about my hometown. I have tried my best but I have lost patience. That is all I will say for now.

els said...

i really wanna go to mbale...the land of the heroes

eddiie said...

in need of your update girl...cant wait..

eddiie said...

please...that indian man has read my warning and can no longer mess with you...Signed..eddie

Elle B said...

I hadn't thought about circumsision being a tourist attraction. that might be it. But still, it's not like the brothers run around naked!

There may be another way but my mind shys from it

@iwaya
These guys were ready for CHOGM long before we won the tender. Talk about inside info.

@the 27th comrade.
Sin and debauchery? Wrong town. Mbale is as sleepy as hell. Maybe you'll get lots of rest.But then again, maybe it's who you know and where they can take you.

@eddiie
i've been wondering why asians don't smile at me anymore. Now I know why. Eddie's in the house!

@Samantha
What have u got against your hometown?

@ Els
i shan't go without u next time. Promise

Elle B said...

uh