CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

I HAVE CULINARY SKILLS- NOT!!!

Am I half a woman coz I can't cook? Should I prepare for gross theft of husband because someone else is going to fill his stomach with non- poisonous food? Writing about it, I begin to panic but otherwise, I know its not my fault that every one starts panicking when I enter the kitchen.

It's ridiculous: when ever I try to cook, my heart winds up in my mouth and I panic, sweat and pray. Of course, one out of ten times, I perform miracles and pips look at me askance, the other 9, however, every one starts to fidget as supper draws nearer, with the brave ones running to their rooms feigning sleep or intense headaches.

For that matter,I have decided that HE must be a chef or we are not going anywhere. Or at least he should know how to cook, or he should like to take me to fang fang like twice a week, what... Otherwise, we are so ****ed.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound like a friend of mine who I gave up on when I learnt she hated to cook!!! Woman!!?! Cooking is part of your identity!

Anyway, you can have your cake!

Thanks for the socks!

the antipop said...

ellebu, please stop stealing my dreams. I Am marrying THE CHEF. please try the rolex guy or something!

Elle B said...

@nevender
Didn't say "hate", said "can't". But I can't honestly say it keeps me awake at night. I think i'll have to let go of that part of my identity

@antipop
Bambi, i finished with the rolex guy, stole his skill and run. Now i want the chef. This town isn't big enough for the both of us.

Robyn.K.Y said...

your not alone in this,,i know lots of people like this,although you have to fix it..the shortcut to any being is thru the stomach.How are you?

Emi's said...

Then You'd most certainly suite me. Am a great cook and could teach you a thing or several in the art of cooking.

But naye, Are you not a shame to the gals? All female should at least know how to do at least one meal. You do know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Antipop..lol There are enough chefs/rolex guys around for you two to each get at least 10 chioces

Elle B said...

@Emi.
Here's the list. Rice (on a good day) and eggs.I can make all kinds. And I make all sorts of good coffee. Does coffee count. And my friends aren't 'ashamed' of me. They are quite supportive in my chef strategy.

@Robyn
The good thing is that I'm big on feeding pips. Just not my own cooking. I plan ahead and then microwave. It's evil, I know.

smelling the coffee said...

hehehhe. wama, you have other skills.
but sweerie, your template is hurting my eyes.

ujo said...

dontworry, this too shall pass, just like many others have he he!