CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

GROWING PAINS

The interview went well. Infact, it went so well, it lasted whole day. But, am not hired. Yeah, it's complicated. But no sweat, no one ever died of ' no-hire-ance'.

The last time I had a job opportunity, it was a gig in Kasese. I was going to cover a one week conference. The pay promised to be good and everything was going well till I asked for permission to go. Okay, maybe not permission as such. Am at a stage where am slowly easing away from that. These days, I say it like it is: I tell them what they need to know when am halfway where I need to be. It works most times, not this time however. here's how it went down with my big sister;

me :Am going to Kasese for a week (walking away)

her: No you're not. (popping another nut in her mouth, eyes never leaving the tv)

me : Eh- eh, it's work and it's official.

her: How are you going to get there, where will you stay, do you know these people?

me: It's all sorted. I don't even need to know them, I just want their money.

her: No.

me: But am grown up! I can do what I want! (immature whining voice. gone is the adult of a few minutes earlier)

her: Rosette,(in a know-it all- voice) I've lived more than you. The world's full of conmen, waa, waa, waa, waa, waa (at this point am not listening)

me : I don't care. If they steal me, it's my body. my mistakes, my... (she's bloody walking out on me!)

her: Ask mummy.

me: but you're my guardian!!!

By this time I'm yelling but she' still popping those bloody nuts. cool as a cucumber. AAARGHH!!!!

The whole thing degenerated from there. she called my mum and fed her some kind of serial killer story. By the time my mum called, she was panicked; she'd received word that a certain serial killer had lured me to Kasese and I was going, come hell or high water (I'm kidding about the serial killer but the story she'd got was almost as twisted). To cut a long story short, I didn't go.

This Thursday, I have another gig in Kyenjojo. I told sister dearest last week, and then again yesterday. from her reaction, you could have sworn kasese never happened. she asked a few info- seeking questions, gave me upkeep and gave me 'permission' for want of a better word. I wonder what happened to change her approach to my life.

8 comments:

Robyn.K.Y said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I like this ka thing it looks good, anti me I like purplish lavender-ish, kinda colours.

It is worse when you're woman.

Naye tofaayo, soon you will be in your ka own crib, sending sister dearest Western Union dimes.

No one claims socks here.

els said...

I wanna come with! but these people are gonna waa waa waa for me too. hey, you'd get my job anytime. Not my actual job coz I don't quite have one, but ya know wat i mean

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of my mum, she still thinks am her 12 year old and any stuff I try to do meets fierce resistance. Am thinking of running away from her but alas I hardly even know the bus to use in this new ka place so I'll stick and enjoy the chill.

I knew yo a sharp one

Elle B said...

@Robyn
I keep telling them but i think they are deaf where am concerned.

@Nevender
Thanks wamma. purple is a nice colour.

@Els
i'll represent, no worries.

@Emi's
I don't know how brothers deal with this kind of thing but am sure it's easier for you to break away.

Emi's said...

Elle, It is easier for us because we do not get anything put inside of us...but yo all grown up now and some decisions you'll have to make on your own and even be rebellious ko(just a bit for starters) if it's really what you want. Have hope that it's family and family never rejects their own however much you mess up...I know it's kinda taking advantage hehehe but it works.

That way, you'll get away with mob stuff....it's even better when you call from Kasese and say I've passed the Interview.

Congs by the way. I knew you wa a sharp one

Elle B said...

@Emi
i'm noting down all this advice and taking pictures so that if it fails, i can point fingers from an informed point of view

ujo said...

I like your description.. you really know how to paint a picture.. u kinda remind me of.. er.. Me!

checkout my blog,

eugenethomas.wordpress.com