CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Global village

What a monotony life can turn out to be. Today i decided to try out my spanish with an actual Spaniard. I logged onto the web and got into a chat room for espanoles only. I got my work book ready and pressed 'enter chat'.

Escalantes (donno what that means) and amigos were flying everywhere but I picked a nicely named brother and started from there. I got throuugh the hi- hi part, then he said some wiered things and I was forced to admit i knew little Spanish but I asked if we could speak. He says cool.

In a little while, I was chatting with these 3 nice guys, and we was flowing. Okay, not flowing but stumbling along, to an extent. Then messenger friggin went off!

I mean, I was about to ask this one brother, Fransisco to 'oye mi canto' and then suddenly I can't reach him. Needless to say, am not very happy with this pc, but no sweat.

But ... I must say I learnt a couple of things:

1.I didn't know how to say, ' fine, thank you.' Now I do, it's, 'bien, gracias.'

2. Cool in spanish is 'orale', pronounced oralay with a strong r.

3. Sex in spanish is sex. Don't ask, i thought I was asking for hobbies.

4. Never trust messenger, it's out to make you suffer. Let me check if it's on now... Just as I thought.

Let me get back to my mundane life

3 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

Bueno, bueno. Estoy ... Okay, I give up. I am supposed to do Spanish, you know. Just as a way to remind myself the world is big. Plus ... South America breeds nice revolutionary rebels. ;o) Need to be able to live there and all.

Shit happens to me in the French chats, as well. :o) But we a-trudge and a-trod on.

Elle B said...

@ 27th comrade
Bambi in his defence, he listed a couple of other hobbies like sports and... can't remember. Seemed nice. Haven' thought abt french chats, i'll try those next time.

Elle B said...

Wassa, this me sneaking into my own blog.