CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

POETRY FOR INTELLECTUALS

Hi , the font on this pc is so big, It almost beats Italics but not quite. Iwaya, u happy now? Anyway, Am done with papers, idle and disorderly though not for long. Internship from hell's coming up and I can't say am looking forward to it. This business of knocking from door to door looking for voluntary employment ain't sexy.How much more shall we suffer when we want actual jobs?

Anyway,I wrote a poem today, off my head but I didn't finish, any one who has any ideas can share but s(he)s to go with the flow: no murdering my poem.
I know I ain't got nothing on Maya Angelou but I've elected her as role model so it would be ludicrous for me to try and usurp her. Here goes;


How about I be a lyricist
since I've failed to be a physicist
on rhyming every word I'll insist
in case of failure, I'll persist
Be like Drew in 'Music and Lyrics'
since I've failed at Quantum Physics*1

How about I be an artist
seeing as Maths feels like mortis
capture the sky, trees on paper
capture people with a new flavour
make it good, just like Picasso
seeing as these numbers are such a hussle

How about I be a dancer
considering everything else causes cancer*2
shake my body, make the boys say, "my!"
find out too if my hips don't lie
I think I shall dance like Shakira
considering how I do all else like Attila


How about I be a poet
since for scientific genius am so late
A thousand feelings in just a few lines
to be debated on as pips*3 sip their wines
mend or break hearts, just like Maya
since for those idiot theories, I only feel ire

How about I be a best friend
have two ears that I could lend. . .

That's where inspiration died. Indiana helped with the second one so I need 4 lines with as much rhyme as possible(at the ends). Oh, and I need copyright to doctor those lines as I see fit. Come on, help me out, flex those poetic muscles. Love you all

PS: Who's seen Jasmine. Rather lost. Let me go look for her.


*1 Chemistry didn't quite rhyme
*2 I swear nothing else was rhyming, be gentle.
*3 people

7 comments:

indiana said...

how about i be a best friend
have two ears that i could lend
it's your choice i ain't forcin nobody
I’m hear, till i find somebody
For all I care anybody.

Elle B said...

Thanks Indiana. Love it

The 27th Comrade said...

But it did rhyme! I swear. I mean, that's what them rappers do, also.

Plus, I already ranted on this, but my opinion is that you go out and get you a precious skill, like an alternative international language to be fluent at. Then, you will be your own job. :o)

Elle B said...

@27th comrade
I got that. Am learning Spanish. For example I know what Te quiero means.

daudi jr. said...

what charming rhyme! we must hail from the same village. this rhyming should have stopped at 'ire'

indiana said...

how about i be your best friend
have two ears that i could lend
an extended hand and a smile no fake.
let's swap stories and see the ice break.
i got some baggage maybe you got to
who knows ,my quest could just end wih you.

Rabindranath tagore quote:
"i have become my own version of an optimist,if i can't make it through one door,i'll go through another door or i'll make a door.something terrific will come no matter how dark the present"

Iwaya said...

off the top of your head, you be rhyming casually? really, this has exciting prospects!

and yeah, i like the font, much friendlier to my eyes!