CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 4, 2009

CONCUSSION

Y'all gon' make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me go all out, up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me act a fool, up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool, up in here, up in here
DMX

Concussion: A traumatic injury to tissues of the body such as the brain as a result of a violent blow, shaking, or spinning.

To be concussed: To experience the above tragedy.

When I was little, a concussion meant running head first into a wall and seeing stars.

A bit later, it changed to falling of those wooden beams that they put up for renovations sake and landing on your back- and on your head (and having to crawl into the house because everything was paining and you thought something in your spine area might have come loose).

First forward, 23 years, many months and some days later, concussion's got a new meaning: sitting in a taxi on a Kampala road.

The amount of times I banged my head against the side of the taxi just yesterday was enough to make me keep checking for an indentation in the side of my skull. Where the hell do those drivers look as they drive. Granted, there's more pothole than road, don't they know about gentle navigations and what not?

The next time I hit my head, am applying for disabled status, I'm a step away from vegitabalism.

On a more pleasant note: I'm finally going to watch The Proposal. Yipeee!

5 comments:

lulu said...

were you just clumsy, how do you rum yourself into hard surfaces like that? oh tell me if proposal is nice, i am not too good with those things...romance movies

Elle B said...

@Lulu
I'll admit to occasional slight lack of balance but even if I sit in the middle of two people, those drivers are still gon' find something to hurt me with. The proposal: well, if you need a break from action- violence movies, you should go watch it. Atte they show Ryan Reynold's chest many times. I'm just saying.

Unknown said...

Haha,interesting new definition for concussion.

Proposal? Well I watched Terminator Salvation and it rocked.

Ink said...

The Proposal is the movie of the year (and yet I'm anti-romance movies!) Haven't laughed so hard in so long. The line d'annee:

'I never knew you to be the type of guy to sleep your way to the middle!'

Hope you loved it as much as me and the wild bunch (raised by chimps) that I watched it with.

Oh, and the scene with the dancing grandma. Skeet, skeet!

ck said...

hhahaha...i know that feeling, but worse if you are a lanky fellow, you might opt for open roof taxis