CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

THE CASE OF THE SHRINKING BLOUSE

I'm at a point where I think the weighing scale's lying to me. It shows the usual size but everyone I meet greets me with, " what are you eating?" or, " some bum!" or, " huh! That ka hip". I wear loose., snug and fitting clothes. They all garner the same response. What to do?Am at wits end. I feel like carrying the scale around with me so that when they are about to say anything, I just hop on and give 'em a smug look.

Anyway, just when I thought things couldn't get worse...

I'm looking through my wardrobe for what to wear when I come across the cutest white blouse. I haven't worn it in a while so i think to myself, "hmmm, why don't I hit the town in this one.Last time I looked, it fit me veeerrry nicely." So here I am ironing, feeling sorry for the world coz they don't know what's coming. Then I put the blouse over my head and.........bugger: am stuck! I literally can't make the blouse go over my head.Bugger, bugger, bugger! For a second, I panic. Oh my God, am fatter than i look! Oh my God(making teary sounds). Life has lost meaning. I don't look like Beyonce, as originally imgined. No, not quite, think more towards Queen Latifah, no, not her, Monic. Now, I like these chicks but, really!

Slowly, i ease out of it.I hold it up wondering how I could have let myself go so much. Then i get another shock. The bloody thing isn't small, it's been friggin reduced by my beanpole sister! Yes, I can clearly see the original stitches and then the alien ones. Oh... I'm so glad! I knew I was more Beyonce than Latifah, I don't know how I could have ever doubted myself. Now wait till I get my hands on her.

7 comments:

the antipop said...

ellebu socks

Emi's said...

boots

In Ug size does matter. The guys all like their women with some meat on...Am not saying go and gain it but seeing yo still young, keep up you recent size to avoid hateration

Minty said...

She dared DIY-shrink your blouse?! Anyway, seeing as you had not worn it in a while maybe she figured she could inherit it.

smelling the coffee said...

you know we love you anyway. size don't matter. hheheheh

Anonymous said...

me just laughing at u.
i like the new curves though....they be shekshee rruv.

you just sell her the blouse...at a really high price.

Elle B said...

@antipop
Hi. Bienvenue

@ Emi's
That's what they want you to think. but you and i know better. atleast I do.

@Minty
Don't worry, i've decided to retaliate by adding extra bits of material to her blouses. That will teach her.

@smelling the coffee
If you hadn't hehehed, I'd have believed you. Now...

@ No sniggering llowed on this blog pliz.

but i like that idea

@ God bless obama. may he kick some Mac ass.

Anonymous said...

Elle...I had the same experience: lying scales and all..Only there were no foreign stitches on mine...Just me staring wide-eyed at myself in the mirror