CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 8, 2008

EMPLOYMENT... or lack of

It's a wonder am still allowed in here. Been so long. So... If I do the maths right, I've been out of school for two months. It feels like bloody forever. I'm already feeling like a ne'er- do- well; no job, no money, living on hand outs and all that mess. I'm free lancing for a news paper but that don't mean anything significant.

Let's share the most heartbreaking experience this season. Made even worse by the fact that there's no brother involved so I'm not inclined to go over it with a fine toothed comb. Here goes;

An advert for the ideal job with the American Embassy presented itself. I couldn't believe it but I actually friggin qualified on all fronts!! I did the necessary leg work, got all the details I needed and dived in head first. Kati, keep in mind that they needed a well spoken person who was familiar with the predominant cultures in Uganda. There was this major emphasis on good English and grammar. I swear, I could already see myself happily married to the Ambassador's youngest son, or whatever.

Then, two days after handing in, I happened to glance at the soft copy of my CV. The horror, the shock was unimaginable. You know that part where u put, " NATIONALITY:", I'd written, "UGANDA". And if u don't get the horror in that then you're just as bad as me.

4 comments:

Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita said...

Lol at 'I could already see myself happily married to the Ambassador's youngest son'

I hope you changed it to Ugandan or am I bad?

Princess said...

It's no big deal really, Elle B.
When you're filling in forms online and you get to the nationality bit, they just list the countries.
So Uganda is alright, me thinks.

Princess said...

Hey! what happened to the guy you were gonna elope with???

Elle B said...

@Mudamuli
No sniggering at your fiend who still can't believe it happened.

@Princess
wamma one can hope but... Anyways, that brother was too eager for my liking. Kinda freaked me out. I'm looking for. . . aloofness, in my elopemate