CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 11, 2008

More self help books and music that speaks to the soul

Hey, I know I should be reading deeper books but I chanced upon 'He's not that into you'. I couldn't help myself. I knew I knew it's contents but good lord, did it drive the points home for me. Ofcourse I steered away from some points, for example, ' He's not that into you if he isn't having sex with you.' Gosh!! Am glad he's not doing that. How can i fault him?

That little book had me pegged in one. All those excuses I make to prolong the torture were in there. I was kinda embarassed. but no more.

Anyway, the rest of my life is uneventful except, there's a certain Dj who likes me. It's crazy. He let me know he's intentions. I've never seen a brother who don't mince words like this one. Totally freaked me out. Then he just disappeared after I had fought my way through the dictionary in an effort to tell him to slow down.

Now, I thought it was all over till I tuned in last night. I couldn't sleep. So, I tune in and all the songs seem to be reminders of all the things he said. At first I thought I was just conjuring up images then this song came on. It's a swahili song about a girl called Rosa who is being difficult, refusing to hook up. This might not mean much to you but to me... See, he's part Kenyan and was convinced i was too for a while.

It was he was speaking to my soul. I swear, if I had had credit on my phone there and then, I might have done something typically me(called and said something like, "why didn't you say something earlier? Dop you know how long I've waited?")But reality kicked in with the absence of credit so no harm done.

So, i got unrelaxed, as apprehensive as hell and proceeded to have insomnia.But it made me laugh when the sun came up so he's okay in my book.

4 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

For that DJ, just pretend he's not that into you. :o)

But really, that book - never read - anybody can write it. When you're not in love, and you have only realism and reality, write something down. That's the book you'll come up with. :o)

Princess said...

Good thing you're blogging again! :)
Looks like you're on the threshold of something wonderful...

smelling the coffee said...

finallllyyyyy!

Elle B said...

27th comrade
i guessed as much so am acting like I don\t know the frequency of his radio.

princess
I don\t think so babe

Smelling the leg
oops. I meant the coffee. That\s some powerful pic you got there.